Coronavirus update for CPS customers
Customer Update – 27 March
Contour Property Services and Coronavirus:
We understand these are challenging times for our residents and communities. In response, Contour Property Services is doing all we can to deliver essential services and to make sure you, our customers, are able to contact us.
Alongside our website (www.contourpropertyservices.co.uk) , our dedicated hotline is available on telephone 0345 601 2410 or you can email us at email@example.com
Below is an update on our operational services:
- We will continue to provide an emergency and urgent responsive repairs service for the communal areas making use of the very best safe-working practices to protect you in your own home.
- Health and safety planned preventative maintenance visits will continue for items such as fire alarm checks, emergency lighting, lifts, control of legionella etc. If you have any health and safety concerns, please contact the team.
- Due to the challenges our contractors are facing in maintaining the safety and wellbeing of their employees and adhering to government advice, we are currently unable to provide cleaning and gardening services to all schemes. We will continue to closely review the delivery of these services and the advice provided by the government and will keep you updated.
- We will continue to provide a 24/7 contact centre service to our customers through the CPS Team during normal working hours or via our out of hours call handling service.
- Some services usually provided face to face will need to happen online or by phone. Our office staff are currently working from home, but you can still contact us.
- We understand local authorities are continuing to provide a household waste collection service and we will continue to manage the bin store facilities in preparation for collection day where this service is currently provided. Customers may wish to consult their local authority website for further updates on services in their local area. We would ask that all customers dispose of their waste responsibility utilising the designated bin to avoid cross contamination as this could lead to the bins not being emptied.
- Please be aware that many local authority recycling centres (local tips) have been closed for the foreseeable future, therefore we would ask that you do not leave bulk items in the bin stores. Items should be kept inside the home until restrictions are lifted.
Your service charges
We understand that the current situation will impact household finances and we are doing everything we can to support those residents who are experiencing difficulties meeting their service charge. Financial circumstances are very personal and different for everyone. Help available is changing daily, so please do pick up the phone and call us on 0345 601 2410 or email us to discuss your circumstances.
We can still be contacted as follows:
This could be for a query, support or just to seek assurance. Our team is here to help.
The government’s latest advice is here
We hope that you and your loved ones stay safe and well at this most difficult time.